Problem with frontend and mupdate

Lenny rahl at mindcryme.com
Wed Feb 16 09:55:07 EST 2005

I'm currently working on updating our cyrus setup (using Murder and virtual
domains) to Fedora Core 3 and Cyrus 2.2.10-10 (using Simon's rpms). I seem to
have a problem where I get a new mupdate master setup, and I setup a new
frontend and the frontend never downloads the mailboxes from the mupdate
master.

To give a little more information... What I did was on our current mupdate
master I did a ctl_mboxlist -d to dump the mailboxes.db file to text and I did
a -u on the new mupdate master to recreate the mailboxes.db. These 2 systems
are totally seperate, the "new" mupdate and frontend server are isolated, just
thought I'd note this. At any rate, I start cyrus and there's no problem, logs
show it sees the appropriate number of records.

I then start Cyrus on the frontend, it connects to the mupdate master and
authenticates correctly, yet doesn't grab the list of mailboxes. Am I missing
something here? It should, shouldn't it (because obviously, the frontend
doesn't know about any mailboxes at all). Now I've run Cyrus for awhile now and
have a successful setup running 2.2.8 on Fedora Core 2 (3 frontends, 3 backends,
mupdate master authing out of a seperate ldap server), so I do, to an extent,
know what I'm doing but this truly has me stumped.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can look at for this? Thanks.

Lenny
--

"Wisdom is to a man an infinite Treasure" - Anonymous"