Delete folders via another IMAP client

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Feb 18 01:50:48 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-18 at 00:53 -0500, Forrest Aldrich wrote:
> Using Cyrus IMAP 2.1.10 (FreeBSD port), I'm able to create folders
> within my account, but cannot delete them.
>
> The mailbox was created via standard cyradm:
>
> cyradm --user admin my.domain.com
>  > cm user/username
>
> Perhaps I missed a step here - I assume that creating a mailbox will
> permit for full access in the ACL.
>
> But the problem may actually be connected to this error I'm unable to
> resolve:
>
> imap[000]: no user in db
>
> (same for imaps)
>
> But looking with sasldblistusers2, I find everything intact as it should
> be.  I'm using Thunderbird as the IMAP client (recent build).
----
forget the client for a moment...

Are you trying to create users/mailboxes that aren't posixAccounts?

Then I would assume that sasldb would be the place for them but I have
always used local account setup. It would seem that you need to be
consistent when you create their accounts with saslpassword and cyrus
account creation.

you can check acl's of mailboxes - I do this by...

su - cyrus -c '/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/cyradm localhost'
lam user.username #perhaps with unix hierachy, lam user/username
lam user.username.subfolder_name

you can change acl's
sam user.username
sam user.username.subfolder_name

this allows you to check and if necessary (which I suspect via
inheritance shouldn't be necessary to fool with subfolders, you want
them to be different).

Lot's of mail client software won't let you delete the 'current'
folder...i.e. if you select the INBOX and the contents are viewed, you
can delete another folder by right clicking the folder and selecting
delete.

Craig