Cyrus/OpenLDAP/Kerberos/Vpopmail

John Wade jwade at oakton.edu
Fri Feb 18 19:29:51 EST 2005

Hi Rowan,

I can't speak to the vpopmail or kerberos question, but you can
definitely use cyrus + ldap + qmail which is what we do    Qmail and
cyrus are not the greatest fit because qmail does not speak LMTP
(possible performance issue and no single instance store)  but it works
fine for us.

There are a couple of gotcha's.

1.   Need to create a script to translate error codes between cyrus's
deliver and the errors qmail expects.
2.   Need to deal with permissions/SUID on deliver
3.   Need to hack qmail's sendmail replacement to handle the form that
cyrus re-injects messages back into the queue as a result of sieve.
(translate CRLF's to LF's and fix from address)

We have all of these if anyone is interested,

John Wade