no user in db

Forrest Aldrich forrie at forrie.com
Sat Feb 19 14:42:52 EST 2005

One of the problems I've run into is "no user in db" in the logs
from imap/imaps - yet, I'm able to authenticate, send/receive mail,
create folders (but cannot delete folders).

So I think something's wrong on the SASL end.

I have (this is on a spare machine):

    forrie at pc.mydomain.com:   userPassword
    forrie at mydomain.com:   userPassword
    forrie.admin at pc.mydomain.com:   userPassword (used only for Cyrus admin)

/usr/local/lib/sasl2/smtpd.conf:

	pwcheck_method: auxprop

I'm using Postfix for the MTA, and I believe all the sasl_* variables
are correctly defined there.

I have a separate account established in Thunderbird for this (login
name forrie, domain pc.forrie.com).

I'm completely stumped by this one - and really don't know if there are
some command-line SASL debugging tools I can use for this scenario.

Thanks.