rm'd the account instead of dm

Eric Wagar eric at deadhookers.org
Sat Feb 19 19:27:10 EST 2005

> > And, when I try to sam the user.ericwa mailbox, sam returns:
> > localhost> sam user.ericwa cyrus +all
> > setaclmailbox: root: +all: System I/O error
> > When I look in the SYSLOG of the system, I find:
> > Feb 19 14:49:35 3W:hades imapd[18944]: IOERROR: opening
> > /var/imap/user/ericwa/cyrus.header: No such file or directory
> > which would correspond to me doing an rm instead of a dm.
>
> IMHO the easiest way to correct this would be:
>
>  	- create another cyrus account
>  	- mkdir /var/imap/user/ericwa
>  	- change owner and group to whatever your cyrus uses
>  	- copy <newaccount>/cyrus.* to /var/imap/user/ericwa
>  	- reconstruct -r user.ericwa
>  	- delete both mailboxes

I tried this.  And, I came out with the same errors as before.  So,
since Iam the only user on the system, at the moment, I deleted the
mailboxes.db.  I only like this solution because it is me on the system,
and no one else.

What are the other options for when I install Cyrus onto the real mail
server?  I don't want someone else to make the mistake I made.

Thanks for the help!
eric