rm'd the account instead of dm

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Sat Feb 19 21:23:20 EST 2005

reconstruct/cyrreconstruct.....if you rm or rm -rf a mailbox you need to
recreate the tree manually (mkdir) ctl_mboxlist -d |grep user.blah to find
all their mailboxes, once you've crecreated them int eh foilesystem with
the right permissions you can use reconstruct to reconstruct the cyrus.*
files.

the best thing is to not let incompetent people onto the server in the
first place ;)

--On Saturday, February 19, 2005 16:27 -0800 Eric Wagar
<eric at deadhookers.org> wrote:

>> > And, when I try to sam the user.ericwa mailbox, sam returns:
>> > localhost> sam user.ericwa cyrus +all
>> > setaclmailbox: root: +all: System I/O error
>> > When I look in the SYSLOG of the system, I find:
>> > Feb 19 14:49:35 3W:hades imapd[18944]: IOERROR: opening
>> > /var/imap/user/ericwa/cyrus.header: No such file or directory
>> > which would correspond to me doing an rm instead of a dm.
>>
>> IMHO the easiest way to correct this would be:
>>
>>  	- create another cyrus account
>>  	- mkdir /var/imap/user/ericwa
>>  	- change owner and group to whatever your cyrus uses
>>  	- copy <newaccount>/cyrus.* to /var/imap/user/ericwa
>>  	- reconstruct -r user.ericwa
>>  	- delete both mailboxes
>
> I tried this.  And, I came out with the same errors as before.  So,
> since Iam the only user on the system, at the moment, I deleted the
> mailboxes.db.  I only like this solution because it is me on the system,
> and no one else.
>
> What are the other options for when I install Cyrus onto the real mail
> server?  I don't want someone else to make the mistake I made.
>
> Thanks for the help!
> eric
> ---

GPG/PGP --> 0xE736BD7E 5144 6A2D 977A 6651 DFBE 1462 E351 88B9 E736 BD7E