Problems with sieveshell under Solaris 9

Thomas Robers robers at tutech.de
Wed Feb 23 08:07:43 EST 2005

Paul Boven wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> Thomas Robers wrote:
>
>> I'm running Cyrus-Imapd 2.2.12 on Solaris 9.
>> I compiled it from source with gcc 3.2.2 from
>> Sunfreeware. I use saslauthd with method pam
>> for authentication. The "user accounts" for pam
>> are from a Windows 2003 Server via Samba/Winbind.
>

> I'm running Cyrus-2.2.12 on Solaris 9 as well and we use a different
> authentication method (namely ldap) and just wanted to let you know that
> sieveshell itself works fine on Solaris 9.
>
> Regards, Paul Boven.

Hi Paul,

thank you for your reply. When your sieveshell works on
Solaris 9 then there must be something different to my
installation which has nothing to do with the authentication
method because even with "sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop"
(saslpasswd2) sieveshell doesn't work in my environment.
I get the same error message as with "sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd".

So did you compile Cyrus also from source or is there any
location to get a precompiled version? If you compiled it
from source, which compiler did you use? And maybe you used
a different version of perl? Maybe there is a patch for Solaris
which causes this error. Is your Solaris installation patched?
I installed the version 09/04 and run then the Recommended patches
from Sun.

Thanks, Thomas