Problems with sieveshell under Solaris 9

Robert Scussel rscuss at omniti.com
Wed Feb 23 10:04:56 EST 2005

This might be a shot in the dark, but having recently battled through
some quirks on Solaris 9, make sure that your perl binary is one that
was compiled on the Solaris box with gcc ( unless of course you actually
have the sun compiler and compiled cyrus with it ). The one from
sunfreeware works. I was having all sorts of issues trying to install
perl modules with the solaris CC compiled perl.

Hope this helps,

Thomas Robers wrote:
> Paul Boven wrote:
>
>> Hi Thomas,
>>
>> Thomas Robers wrote:
>>
>>> I'm running Cyrus-Imapd 2.2.12 on Solaris 9.
>>> I compiled it from source with gcc 3.2.2 from
>>> Sunfreeware. I use saslauthd with method pam
>>> for authentication. The "user accounts" for pam
>>> are from a Windows 2003 Server via Samba/Winbind.
>>

>> I'm running Cyrus-2.2.12 on Solaris 9 as well and we use a different
>> authentication method (namely ldap) and just wanted to let you know
>> that sieveshell itself works fine on Solaris 9.
>>
>> Regards, Paul Boven.
>>

> Hi Paul,
>
> thank you for your reply. When your sieveshell works on
> Solaris 9 then there must be something different to my
> installation which has nothing to do with the authentication
> method because even with "sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop"
> (saslpasswd2) sieveshell doesn't work in my environment.
> I get the same error message as with "sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd".
>
> So did you compile Cyrus also from source or is there any
> location to get a precompiled version? If you compiled it
> from source, which compiler did you use? And maybe you used
> a different version of perl? Maybe there is a patch for Solaris
> which causes this error. Is your Solaris installation patched?
> I installed the version 09/04 and run then the Recommended patches
> from Sun.
>
> Thanks, Thomas
>
> ---

Robert Scussel
1024D/BAF70959/0036 B19E 86CE 181D 0912  5FCC 92D8 1EA1 BAF7 0959