lmpt/quota behaviour

Per olof Ljungmark peo at intersonic.se
Thu Feb 24 17:22:49 EST 2005

Hi all,
I'm running a test setup and today I tried setting the quota for a
mailbox below the current size of it to see what happened.

No surprise, lmpt started responding "452 4.2.2 Over quota" as it should.

Then I increased the quota again so that there were plenty of room,
waited for the 452 response to go away but it did not. After an hour I
restarted the lmtp process and the account accepted mail again.

Q: How long should it normally take for lmtp to see the changes? The
change TO "Over quota" was registered instantly but the not the opposite
apparently. Can this time be adjusted?

I know the test scheme was perhaps not a real world one but should not
an account be able to accept mail more or less immideately after the
quota is fixed?

2.2.10 with patches from UOA.

Thanks,