Creating and using virtual domains in/with Cyrus..

Eric Schnoebelen eric at cirr.com
Sun Feb 27 02:06:37 EST 2005

Greetings..

I've been lurking on the list a while, trying to divine the
information for setting up virtual domains in Cyrus..

I've read the information provided with Cyrus on setting up
virtual domains, but it doesn't appear to work for me.  Most
notably, I've had to add ``loginrealms:'' and
``unixhierarchysep: true'' to my configuration, and the need
didn't appear to be documented.

Additionally, when I mark a user.admin at domain.tld as an admin,
it can see _all_ the mailboxes, not just the ones in domain.tld.

Finally, I've seen folks make reference to a directory structure
similiar to this:

	<partition>/
		   /domain.tld
		   /domain.tld/email-1
		   /domain.tld/email-2

but I don't see that in my configuration..

Anyone have a clue-by-4 they can hit me with??

imapd.conf:
	configdirectory: /var/imap
	sieveusehomedir: false
	sievedir: /var/spool/sieve
	sieve_maxscripts: 20
	hashimapspool: false
	temp_path: /var/tmp
	virtualdomains: true
	username_lower: true
	unixhierarchysep: true

Host: NetBSD 2.0 running on an AlphaServer DS10L.

Thank you in advance.

--
Eric Schnoebelen		eric at cirr.com		http://www.cirr.com
  "First I work the wood until it is smooth. Then I oil it until it is dark.