Creating and using virtual domains in/with Cyrus..

Baltasar Cevc baltasar at cevc-topp.de
Sun Feb 27 04:49:07 EST 2005

Hi Eric,

> Additionally, when I mark a user.admin at domain.tld as an admin,
> it can see _all_ the mailboxes, not just the ones in domain.tld.
Have you set defaultdomain? Normally, admins in defaultdomain
should see all mailboxes, any other admin only mailboxes in its
own domain

However, for me there are strange interactions between servername
and defaultdomain (the admin behaves as if in defaultdomain when
@servername).

> Finally, I've seen folks make reference to a directory structure
> similiar to this:
>
> 	<partition>/
> 		   /domain.tld
> 		   /domain.tld/email-1
> 		   /domain.tld/email-2
As far as I understand, cyrus creates this structure for all
domains except the defaultdomain, the users of the latter being
created unter user/username.
When the defaultdomain is changed, strange things may happen...

Hope that explains at least a bit; however, I don't understand it
very well, either.

Greetings from snowy Regensburg, Germany

Baltasar