Cyrus update - folder issues

Daniel Bramkamp bramkamp at team-datentechnik.de
Sun Dec 18 14:42:22 EST 2005

Hi list,

I am experiencing some issues with IMAP folders at a customer site.
They used to run Cyrus IMAP 2.0.x a while back which got updated to
2.1.12 or 2.1.13 at some point. The following was added to the
imapd.conf file when the update took place :

seenstate_db: flat
mboxlist_db: berkeley
duplicate_db: berkeley-nosync

With those settings the system worked fine for quite a while. Last week
the installation was moved to a new server which now has Cyrus IMAP
2.2.12 installed. I copied the spool and database directory of the old
installation to the appropriate locations. After reading the upgrade
information on the website I tried to update the mailboxes.db to the
skiplist format which did not work for some reason. Either it did
complain about not being able to find the database or it converted it
(after starting and stopping Cyrus once) and I got a lot of DB errors
after starting up Cyrus with the new DB. I put the above directives
back into the config file, copied the imap database directory again and
restarted Cyrus. At that point I could access the IMAP server via IMP
(a webmail client)
but some folders were empty. After running reconstruct everything
seemed fine at first. However, the IMAP folders are not displayed
correctly from time to time, they just vanish from the list of folders.
Also IMP complains about not being able to create folders for sent-mail
and trash. I tried to delete mailboxes, recreate them, copy the spool
directory back in and use reconstruct -f but that did not help either.
I could not find anything weird in the logfiles either.

Can anyone help me out on this please ?

Thanks in advance
--
Daniel Bramkamp