cyr_expire: behaviour and "annotation"

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Sat Dec 17 09:46:18 EST 2005

-- tschloss at web.de is rumored to have mumbled on 17. Dezember 2005 14:50:47
+0100 regarding cyr_expire: behaviour and "annotation":

> So does anybody have a hint on the second way to manage the time until
> deletion, the "annotation"-stuff?

You do that with cyradm or any other IMAP client that supports annotations
(none that I know):

cyrus.rrz.uni-koeln.de> info user/a0620/TEMP
{user/a0620/TEMP}:
  expire: 1
  lastupdate: 17-Dec-2005 03:00:19 +0100
  partition: default
  size: 0

You set it with setinfo:

cyrus.rrz.uni-koeln.de> setinfo
usage: setinfo [motd|comment|admin|shutdown|expire|squat] text

> PS: I don´t think that this was responsible for killing my 20
> mailfolders. I didn´t find any hints that cyr_expire can remove
> directories (sub-mailboxes completely from filesystem and mailboxes.db).

I don't think it can.

> So I assume that it was a client error (the software, or even more
> plausible the user).

It always is ;-)
--
Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Flachbau), Zi. 18, Robert-Koch-Str. 10
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK