Problem creating mailboxes

david at eagen.com david at eagen.com
Fri Dec 16 17:26:54 EST 2005

I'm having trouble getting cyrus installed and running. I've compiled and installed sasl (2.1.21) and imap (2.3.0). When I run cyradm -u mailadm localhost and create mailboxes it seems that cyradm quits on me unexpectedly:

#cyradm -u mailadm localhost
IMAP Password:
                                                                                                   localhost> lm
localhost> cm info
createmailbox:
localhost> lm

localhost> lm
#

I then go back in and run lm:

#cyradm -u mailadm localhost
IMAP Password:
                                                                                                   localhost> lm
info (\Noselect \HasNoChildren)
localhost> quit
#

Unfortunately, the info user can't log in to the mailbox most of the time. When they can, they can't create new folders or even view the Inbox.

I also can't delete the mailbox:

#cyradm -u mailadm localhost
IMAP Password:
                                                                                                   localhost> lm
info (\Noselect \HasNoChildren)
localhost> dm info
deletemailbox: Mailbox is currently reserved
localhost> quit
#

In /var/adm/messages I get errors like this:

master[11091]: [ID 387647 local6.error] process 11096 exited, signaled to death by 10

I seem to have done something quite wrong. What needs to be done to get this working?

I'm running on Solaris 9.

-Dave