Berkeley DB detection problems

Jorey Bump list at joreybump.com
Thu Dec 15 15:26:58 EST 2005

Adrian Buciuman wrote:
> On 12/12/05, Ken Murchison <murch at andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
>
>>I am pleased to announce the release of Cyrus IMAPd 2.3.0.  This is an
>>BETA-quality release
>
> I'm trying to compile it on Slackware.
>
> How can I elegantly select which Berkeley DB to use?
>
> I want to use libdb-3.3, which is the system default, used by
> sendmail, sasl etc.
> With no configure option, 3.3 db.h is included, and libdb-4.2 is
> tentatively used for linking; it gives an error about undefined
> reference to `txn_checkpoint'. If I use
> --with-bdb-incdir=path_to_4.2_db.h it compiles correctly. But how to
> use libdb-3.3?

Not exactly what you want, but on a Slackware 10.2 system, I use these

  ./configure --prefix=/usr \
    --with-bdb-libdir=DIR=/usr/lib \
    --with-bdb-incdir=/usr/include/db4

I have no problems at all, but I use saslauthd, and replaced sendmail
with postfix. I use the same options on a 10.1 box where I installed
cyrus-sasl from source.