mail transfer to gmail?

Huaqing Zheng huasome at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 15:14:53 EST 2005

On 12/12/05, Jason Fesler <jfesler at gigo.com> wrote:
> > We use cyrus-imapd-2.2.10.  A user asked to transfer his mail to gmail in
> > a batch mode.  Anybody have ever done things like that?  Is it even
> > possible?  If this is not an appropriate list for such a question, I'd
> > appreciate any pointers.
>
> They can do that with their imap client.  Select-all, and then (depending
> on the client,"bounce" or "redirect") should be able to forward the entire
> message, attachments and all, and preserve all existing headers (and gain
> a few new ones).

Note that this method will not preserve the email status or
annotations associated with the message.  Also, depending on how many
emails you are bouncing, gmail will likely stutter through the
transactions by blocking your smtp servers after a certain number of
messages for a while.

--
Huaqing Zheng
Beer and Code Wrangler at Large