mail transfer to gmail?

Jason Fesler jfesler at gigo.com
Mon Dec 12 14:07:41 EST 2005

> We use cyrus-imapd-2.2.10.  A user asked to transfer his mail to gmail in
> a batch mode.  Anybody have ever done things like that?  Is it even
> possible?  If this is not an appropriate list for such a question, I'd
> appreciate any pointers.

They can do that with their imap client.  Select-all, and then (depending
on the client,"bounce" or "redirect") should be able to forward the entire
message, attachments and all, and preserve all existing headers (and gain
a few new ones).

You can possibly also do the same for him, using fetchmail; use "smtphost"
and "smtpname" as appropriate (documented in the fetchmail man pages).