Cyrus IMAP 2.2.12 threading and locking ?

Matthijs Mohlmann matthijs at cacholong.nl
Mon Dec 12 08:56:46 EST 2005

Hi,

I have here a murder cluster with the following setup:

Cyrus Master:
CPU: Pentium 3 1Ghz
Memory: 1GB
Distro: Debian GNU/Linux

Cyrus Backend / Frontend (backend and frontend are running a separate
master process):
CPU: Pentium 3 1Ghz
Memory: 2GB
Distro: Debian GNU/Linux

Cyrus Backend / Frontend (backend and frontend are running a separate
master process):
CPU: Dual Xeon 2.4Ghz
Memory: 2GB
Distro: Debian GNU/Linux

All are running the cyrus packages from http://debian.speedblue.org/.

On the single processor box everything goes ok. On the dual processor
box I have a lot of trouble. When enabling the imap / pop3 proxies on
the frontend then after a while the complete murder setup is hanging.
After restarting the master everything is ok again. This only happens
when I enable the imap / pop3 proxies on the dual processor box. With
the lmtp frontend I don't have any problems, but that one is directly
connecting to the master server.

So it seems to me there is something going wrong with the mupdate
communication to the master.

My question: are there any patches or configuration items that are
addressing this issue ?

If you need more information about the configs or need to have some gdb
traces please contact me.

Regards,

Matthijs Mohlmann