moving inbox from uw-imap to cyrus

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Sat Dec 3 05:10:32 EST 2005

Hi,

-- Joseph Silverman <yossie at laszlosystems.com> is rumored to have mumbled
on 2. Dezember 2005 15:37:20 -0800 regarding moving inbox from uw-imap to
cyrus:

> I can use the cyrus admin user to access the cyrus side at a "global
> level".
>
> I can then use a tool like imapsync to copy mailboxes from uw-imap to
> cyrus easily enough.
>
> What I can't figure out is how to move the INBOX.  There appears to  be
> no "mailbox prefix" that when used with the cyrus admin user, will  put
> the email in the users INBOX (the special one where new email  lands, not
> a folder named INBOX under it!)

I'm not sure I understand you correctly. The INBOX is just called (with
variations that depend on your imapd.conf settings), for instance,
"user/yossie". If you do proxy authentication (using admin for
authentication and actual user for authorization), which may be a little
"cleaner", then it's always called "INBOX". I don't know if imapsync allows
for proxy authentication.

Cheers, Sebastian
--
Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Flachbau), Zi. 18, Robert-Koch-Str. 10
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK