moving inbox from uw-imap to cyrus

Joseph Silverman yossie at laszlosystems.com
Fri Dec 2 18:37:20 EST 2005

Situation ..

I would like to move a given user's email from uw-imap to cyrus (in
fact all users).  While this is happening, I would like the users to
be able to access their email normally (as it is being moved, of
course) on cyrus.

I can make it so I can access the uw-imap mailbox for the user
without knowing his password (one line temporary hack to uw-imap to
allow for a "super password")

I can use the cyrus admin user to access the cyrus side at a "global
level".

I can then use a tool like imapsync to copy mailboxes from uw-imap to
cyrus easily enough.

What I can't figure out is how to move the INBOX.  There appears to
be no "mailbox prefix" that when used with the cyrus admin user, will
put the email in the users INBOX (the special one where new email
lands, not a folder named INBOX under it!)

Thanks for any and all help - Yossie