Additional mailstore for archives?

Forrest Aldrich forrie at forrie.com
Thu Aug 25 22:53:59 EDT 2005

Typically you have one mailstore defined, as I understand.

However, I have a situation where I have archives of thousands of
messages, going back years ago, that I wish to keep.   I'd rather not
keep all of these on my primary mailstore (no need, and it eats up space).

Is it possible with cyrus imapd 2.x to have an additional store linked
in somehow such that I can place those archives elsewhere (say an
external drive), and yet have them visible to my view (via imap)?   Does
that make any sense...

Thanks.