multiple authentication methods?

Tim Strobell (Contractor) timothy.strobell at nrl.navy.mil
Thu Aug 25 12:42:38 EDT 2005

 > > We need to support Kerberos credentials directly from the clients; pam_krb5
 > > only proxies the username and passwords to the KDC for authentication.
 >
 > I use gssapi authentication with Mutt against Cyrus using the actual
 > Kerberos credentials, so it would seem to work.

Of course -- but can Cyrus be configured to support _both_ Kerberos
(credentials authenticated via GSSAPI) and LDAP (via saslauthd)?  Some users
will use Kerberos credentials, others may use username/password which we will
look up in LDAP.  (It is not necessarily the case that all users will have
corresponding Kerberos credentials, else pam_krb5 would be appropriate.)

I suspect the answer is no, but I need independent verification.

-Tim

--
Tim Strobell, Sr. Systems Administrator	                       V 202 767 8449
Center for Computational Science, Naval Research Lab           F 202 404 7402