"Message contains invalid header"

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at videotron.ca
Wed Aug 24 12:02:40 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have a problem with thunderbird and Cyrus 2.2.12.  One of my user is
trying to transfer messages that have been downloaded from a POP
account.  When he try to drag the message from his POP account folder in
Thunderbird to a Cyrus IMAP account folder, he receive an error "Message
contains invalid header".

Looking at the message source, I can see that this message have an SMTP
envelope header "From blabla..." at the top.  I guess that this is the
problematic header.  Is this the case ?  If yes, is there a workaround ?

What is really mystifying me is that some other message that also have
the "From blabla" header import correctly.  This make me doubt it's this
particuliar header that is problematic.

Thanks !

Etienne Goyer