Cyrus IMAP + Postfix (Mail duplication problem)

Shashi Kanth Boddula sboddula at novell.com
Mon Aug 22 13:46:59 EDT 2005

Hi,

I configured a Postfix mail server  with Cyrus SASL SMTP authentication
, Cyrus IMAP  as a POP3 or IMAP4 server and OpenLDAP . My setup is
working fine . However , i am facing very new problem which is unknown ,
non-traceable and unexpected . Here i am mentioning the problem .

If i create a POP3 account in MS-Outlook 2003 in Windows XP , and if i
check the option leave a message copy on the server , whenever i am
clicking on the Send/Receive button , i am receiving duplicate mails (
The same mail is repeated  several times ) .But, if i uncheck the leave
a message  copy on the server option , i will receive only one copy of
the mail ( duplicate mails are not happening ).

I am unable to identify what is the source of causing this problem . I
think this problems may belongs to Cyrus . Anybody help me on this.

Thanks & Regards,
Shashi Kanth