[exim] HOWTO exim 4.5 + cyrus 2.1 on debian

Dennis Davis D.H.Davis at bath.ac.uk
Mon Aug 22 04:38:01 EDT 2005

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005, Derek Stevenson wrote:

> From: Derek Stevenson <dls at navanax.com>
> To: exim-users at exim.org, Cyrus List <info-cyrus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu>
> Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 09:51:07 -0700
> Subject: [exim] HOWTO exim 4.5 + cyrus 2.1 on debian
>
> I've put together this little howto after having received some
> nice help from people on these lists.  I hope some newbies will
> find it useful.  I realize it's a simplistic setup; my goal is to
> provide instructions to get up and running as quickly as possible
> from a new debian install.  Please comment, suggest improvements,
> etc.
>
> I hope it's not too much trouble to post to both lists, I thought
> it would be useful to people in both groups.  If this offends
> sensibilities, I apologize ahead of time.
>
> If this seems like a useful exercise, I'd be happy to post it to
> the exim wiki; is there a cyrus wiki out there too?

> local_delivery_cyrus:
>  driver = lmtp
>  command = "/usr/sbin/cyrdeliver -l -m user.$local_part"
>  user = cyrus

See:

http://anfi.homeunix.net/exim/rtvcyrus.html

for an alternative.  It suggests delivering to an LMTP daemon
listening on the loopback address.  The advantage of this
is that you can then use exim's verification options to
check the sender and/or recipient.
--
Dennis Davis, BUCS, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
D.H.Davis at bath.ac.uk               Phone: +44 1225 386101