Cyrus Reconstruct Problems

Patrick Radtke phr2101 at columbia.edu
Fri Aug 19 10:45:21 EDT 2005

I don't see a -i  as a valid argument in the reconstruct src. Maybe
its from an older version.

What upgrade did you perform? To 10.4 I assume.

I think you need to run reconstruct with -rfx
user.username.foldername (wherever the missing mail is located) to
rebuild the index.
You might want to back up all the cyrus.* files before doing this,
since you've had unpredictable results.

Some mail clients (I think Apple Mail and outlook) can get confused
about the date for the missing messages after a reconstruct.

Can your user's IMAP client access the inbox? or is that still a
problem?

-Patrick