Mistake while setting up mailbox

brad brad at bradandkim.net
Thu Aug 18 09:00:20 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 14:41 +0200, Nikola Milutinovic wrote:
> >I tzried to delete the accidentally created mailbox but
> >
> >sam username cyrus cd
> >
> >causes an I/O error.
> >

> This sounds bad. Have you tried to manually delete the mailbox? That
> would have caused this. Anyway, the sequence is correct:
>
> cyradm> sam username cyrus c
> cyradm> dm username
>
> I've done this several times already :-) and it works. Anotehr option is
> (before you create a correct one) to rename the mailbox, but do not
> forget teh ACLs.
>
> Nix.
> ----

If this all still fails you will need to use ctl_mboxlist as the cyrus
user to remove the mailbox from mailboxes.db.  You can then just delete
the mailbox directory and the mailbox is gone.

cp mailboxes.db mailboxes.db.bak
ctl_mboxlist -d > tempfile
edit tempfile and remove bad mailbox line
rm mailboxes.db
ctl_mboxlist -u < tempfile

Hope that helps,

Brad