Mistake while setting up mailbox

Nikola Milutinovic Nikola.Milutinovic at ev.co.yu
Thu Aug 18 08:41:42 EDT 2005

Stefan Fricke wrote:

>Under cyradmin you create a mailbox with
>
>cm user.username
>
>But I accidentally did cm username
>
>Afterwards I tried tio correct it by doing the correct statemend
>
>Now there are the mailboxes username and user.username which seems to blok
>user login.

Not true. Presence of "username" mailbox in the ROOT will not block user
logins. First of all, a user can login event if there is no mailbox
present - your "cyrus" user is logging in, right? The fact is that any
mail client will AUTHenticate a user to the IMAP4 server and then try to
SELECT his/her INBOX. So, what you see as a failed login might just be
the case that mailbox is not there. On the other hand, your user's auth
might have failed for a number of reasons.

>I tzried to delete the accidentally created mailbox but
>
>sam username cyrus cd
>
>causes an I/O error.

This sounds bad. Have you tried to manually delete the mailbox? That
would have caused this. Anyway, the sequence is correct:

cyradm> sam username cyrus c
cyradm> dm username

I've done this several times already :-) and it works. Anotehr option is
(before you create a correct one) to rename the mailbox, but do not
forget teh ACLs.

Nix.