Cyrus 2.2.x vs 2.3

Patrick H Radtke phr2101 at columbia.edu
Wed Aug 17 09:04:56 EDT 2005

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005, Scott Russell wrote:

> Ken Murchison wrote:
>
>> Changes to the Cyrus IMAP Server since 2.2.x
>>
> <snip>
>
> I'm more curious about what led sites to deploy 2.3.x over 2.2.x and how the
> stability has been along with maintenance issues, if any, of staying up to
> date on the development branch.

We are using the 2.3 branch because we needed replication and unexpunge in
our deployment.

We have no experience with anything but 2.3, so when we run into problems
it is hard to know if we made a mistake, if its a bug in 2.3 or a change
from the current documentation.

Bugs we have found are listed in bugzilla, but nothing has been to major.

Staying up to date is not to bad. Most development is on the newer
features and we can take our time updating our servers.

-Patrick