cyrus 22 on Freebsd permission denied

RYAN vAN GINNEKEN luck at computerking.ca
Tue Aug 16 16:23:07 EDT 2005

Casper wrote:

>Virtualusers or not the userdatabase is the same and can be sql, sasldb,
>ldap and many more.
>
>But sasl2 should be configured to use /usr/local/etc/sasldb2.db (standard
>looks in /etc/sasldb).

I have no /etc/sasldb only /usr/local/ect/sasldb22.db

>And the imap.conf use sasl_pwcheck: auxprop and look for the sasl2
>auxpropplugin.
>
>sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
>
>And configure sasl with
>

>This specifies the sasldb file (when i installed mine the logs told me
>that sasl looked for salsbd in a totaly different place than cyrus... Try
>do add the debud log in /etc/syslogd.conf
>
>local6.debug                                    /var/log/imapd.lo

I did add that  line to /etc/syslog.conf but the /var/log/imapd.log is empty

>and study the auth.log to... this is where sasl log it's activity
>
>)
>

>./configure --enable-auth-sasldb --with-dbpath=/etc/sasldb  ---more more

What am i configuring?

>and in
>
>/usr/local/lib/sasl2 (make Sendmail.cong Cyrus.conf and smtp.conf)

here is my smtp.conf
# This sets smtpd to authenticate using the saslauthd daemon.
pwcheck_method: saslauthd
# This allows only plain and login as the authentication mechanisms.
mech_list: plain login

here is my Sendmail.conf
pwcheck_method: saslauthd

Guess i am using saslauthd for authentication according to the above
conf files it has been along time since i looked at this stuff.  I have
no cyrus.conf but you say i should make it like below then cyrus will
use the sasldb and i should change my smtp.conf too do i need to change
Sendmail i use postfix instead.  Will making these changes break what  I
already have set up?