"lost" emails in cyrus

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Fri Aug 12 17:29:03 EDT 2005

--On August 12, 2005 12:01:51 PM -0700 "Chad A. Prey" <prey at salk.edu> wrote:

> All,
>
> I have reports of users missing email. In every case it appears that the
> duplicate checker may be involved. Can anyone help to shed some light on
> this problem?

To finish my unfinished thought there....

Check the users sieve scripts and your local anti-spam tools if any.  If
messages are being completely lost, that will be the reason why.  The
duplicate message suppression won't (usually) cause a message to become
completely lost.  In the case that it does, it's NOT duplicate suppression
at fault, its the clients MUA or MTA for disregarding the RFCs and
generating duplicate message-ids.  Older Microsoft MAPI clients (Lookout,
etc) are known for this bad behavior.