DB Errors

Daniel Hazelbaker daniel at highdesertchurch.com
Fri Apr 22 12:36:35 EDT 2005

On Apr 22, 2005, at 6:29 AM, Andreas Hasenack wrote:

> Could you verify that this db4 package has the two official sleepycat
> patches applied?

I'll try to download the srpm and check.  Which two official sleepycat
patches are these - is there some name they would likely be under?

>> compat-db 4.1.25 (release 2.1)
>
> Does anything use this one? ldd the cyrus-imapd binaries to make sure
> you are not using a mix of different DB4 versions.

[root at kempis cyrus-imapd]# ldd imapd
libdb-4.2.so => /lib/tls/libdb-4.2.so (0x0fc8f000)

[root at kempis cyrus-imapd]# ls -l /lib/tls/libdb-4.2.so
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 909884 May 31  2004 /lib/tls/libdb-4.2.so

[root at kempis cyrus-imapd]# ls -l /lib/libdb-4.2.so
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 909836 May 31  2004 /lib/libdb-4.2.so

I just double checked, both files are from the db4 rpm.

> Do you have a DB_CONFIG file in /var/lib/imap/db/? It's needed for some
> installations. I have one with the following, it may get you started:

I did until the other day.  I did not originally, then saw a couple
references in the archives of this list to DB_CONFIG and loaded it in.
I took it out the other day to see if it made a difference again (so
far it hasn't), and in reply to your other message, yes I did run
db_recover.  Even have had it in place after "nuking" the db files to
let it rebuild from scratch.

Daniel