problem connecting to timsieved

Nicholas J Brealey nick at brealey.org
Wed Apr 13 20:48:06 EDT 2005

Patrice wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some troubles to connect on my timsieved daemon.
> it seems I have an authentication problem.
> here is what I see when I do a telnet on sieve port :
>
> "IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v2.2.12"
> "SIEVE" "fileinto reject envelope vacation imapflags notify subaddress
> relational comparator-i;ascii-numeric regex"
> OK
>
> there isn't any authentication mechanism I should see "SASL" "PLAIN"
> .... but nothing
> and authentication doesn't work

I just fixed a problem with identical symptoms on my Solaris 10 system.

I built my own version of cyrus-sasl-2.1.20 because Sun don't include
saslauthd in the version os sasl they include in Solaris.

It turns out that I needed a symbolic link from /usr/lib/sasl2 to
/usr/local/lib/sasl2:

# cd /usr/lib
# ln -s ../local/lib/sasl2

It is strange that imap server did not need the link but sieve did.

Nick