spamassassin - sa-learn and public

Tarjei Huse tarjei at nu.no
Sun Apr 3 16:21:37 EDT 2005

fre, 01,.04.2005 kl. 21.13 -0500, skrev Derrick J Brashear:
> On Fri, 1 Apr 2005, Craig White wrote:

> >> I've googled the following thread earlier. Perhaps it is helpful.
> >>
> >> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=110885432500003&r=1&w=2
> > ----
> > it's interesting and I have done that in the past with uw-imap but I
> > never had any shared folders in uw-imap.
> >
> > I can't see the logic of automatically taking people's inbox
> > automatically as ham...
>
> My thought would be:
> 1) set up per-user bayesian filters
> 2) set up per-user spamtrain and hamtrain folders (someuser lrs, and
> authenticate a cron job as someuser)
> 3) cron job reads your spam and ham hints, updates your bayesian filter.
> (and if you want to give it more access, flushes the folder)
>
> But I suspect this doesn't sufficiently meet your needs.

My experience is that public spam and ham folders is quite usefull as
they let everyone benefit from each others training. However, I've seen
that you need to clear out the spamfolder quite often as it becomes too
big to process.

I've never had problems with users accidently moving mails into the
spamfolder.

I usually just do this manually, but I'm wondering if someone has a perl
oneliner of some kind for doing this via the imapinterface.

Tarjei
Tarjei Huse <tarjei at nu.no>