segfaults when executing quota command

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Apr 12 03:51:55 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-11 at 23:37 -0400, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> >> no, you answered what i wanted to know, above. I need to look at the regex
> >> code in mboxlist_findsub_alt
> > ----
> > any progress here?
>
> Not especially. Having symbols would help. It's going to be something in
> foreach() in lib/cyrusdb_quotalegacy.c, though, since that's the only
> place you'd be using the system glob().
>
> I suppose, for simplicity, you can just add a
>
> printf("%s\n", quota_path);
>
> before and after
>      /* strip off the qr specific path and replace with pattern */
>      sprintf(strstr(quota_path, FNAME_QUOTADIR) + strlen(FNAME_QUOTADIR),
>              "?/%s*", prefix);
>
> And see what 2 lines you get just before the crash, as a way of cheating.
----
OK - excuse my ignorance here please...

locate quotalegacy turns up nothing

I used invoca.ch srpms and did rpmbuild from them and never actually
compiled from source so I suspect that is why I can't locate it.

This is a whiteboxlinux 3 (RHEL 3 clone) - and I would take direction
here...should I install some symbol package for debugging or untar the
tarball - and compile after your suggested changes ? Which would be the
better course? I actually have this problem on my system (whiteboxlinux)
and a client system (RHEL 3 ES) but I would rather fool with this on my
system.

Thanks

Craig