restrict frequency of login attempts?

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Tue Apr 12 04:00:10 EDT 2005

Hi,

--On 12. April 2005 15:50:21 Uhr +0800 Justin <cyrusmail at midaliasteel.com>
wrote:

> Not sure if it matters a great deal, but is there a way to restrict
> users from logging in more than x times per hour or similar? I have a
> number of users who insist upon setting mail clients up to check for
> POP3 mail every minute; a situation I'd like to remedy.

% man imapd.conf

popminpoll: 0
            Set the minimum amount of time the server  forces  users  to
wait
            between successive POP logins, in minutes.

In our experience this doesn't work very well, because users don't
understand what is happening.
--
Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK