Cryus persists in marking messages as unread?

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Mon Apr 4 02:01:08 EDT 2005

On Sun, 3 Apr 2005, Stewart Loving-Gibbard wrote:

> I'm running Cyrus 2.1.15 on a somewhat neglected Mandrake Linux box.
> I say neglected because I let it run out of disk space, which naturally
> caused some hiccups with the system in general, including email.
>
> Having freed up some space, everything is mostly working again, except
> Cyrus no longer retains the "read" flag on messages I've read. Thunderbird
> 1.0 will mark the message as read, and it appears to take,
> but once I exit Thunderbird and re-run it, it shows the messages
> as unread again.
>
> I've tried using reconstruct on it, as well as some of other tools I could
> find in /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd, but nothing I've done so far
> has helped.
>
> Anything else I can try?
>
> Stewart

This is probably the brute force method, but try whacking all the files
except the cyrus.header and message files, including the user.seen (stored
elsewhere, I forget).  Then run reconstruct.

You'll have lost all the flags, but cyrus will have to recreate all the
metadata files from scratch which should clear things up.

 	Andy