Problem : unable to init duplicate delivery database ??

Derrick J Brashear shadow at dementia.org
Mon Apr 18 11:00:05 EDT 2005

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005, Martine James (02 23 23 71 31) wrote:

> I installed Cyrus one year ago and it used to work nicely with option "duplicatesuppression" as set by default (YES)
>
> Things went wrong four days ago with this message:
>
> Apr 14 12:00:04 machine.etu.univ-rennes1.fr pop3[7118]: [ID 729713 local6.error] opening /var/imap/tls_sessions.db: Not enough space
> Apr 14 12:14:11 machine.etu.univ-rennes1.fr lmtpunix[10565]: [ID 729713 local6.error] DBERROR: opening /var/imap/deliver.db: Not enough space
> ???
>
> Indeed, I checked ( twice) that no  partitions was full. I checked the
> number of inodes, number of files descriptors. everything's ok.

Berkeley db, yes? You apparently had stuff crashing and leaking locks at
some point.

> I tried to restart cyrus. "ctl_cyrudb -r" command never ends.

Trace with strace. Does it keep trying to open file descriptors, never
closing them?

You can try simply removing the duplicates database entirely and letting
it get reinit'd. I can suggest a patch but this is simpler and faster.