Postfiix & Cyrus-Imap: How to send Emails from internet

akenaton at freesurf.ch akenaton at freesurf.ch
Sun Apr 17 12:13:57 EDT 2005

Hello,
 I'm using Postfix and Cyrus-Imap and here is the list of what I can do:
1) I can read Emaills from my local network.
2) I can send Emails from my local network to anyone (to someone in the local
network or outside the local network)
3) I can read Email from outside my local network (from Internet)
4) From outside my local network (from Internet) if I'm connected to my account,
I can send Emails to a recipient in my local network.

here is what I can not do:
5) From outside my local network (from Internet), if I'm connected to my
account, I can not send Emails to someone outside my local network (e.g:
someone at yahoo.com)

Do anyone have an idea on how I can send an Email from the Internet when
I'm connected to my account to someone outside my local network.

Thanks,
Alain-Serge

sunrise ADSL: Gratuit et plus sûr que jamais!
http://www.sunrise.ch/fr/home/proint/proint_ads-2.htm