Postfiix & Cyrus-Imap: How to send Emails from internet

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sun Apr 17 12:31:34 EDT 2005

Am So, den 17.04.2005 schrieb akenaton at freesurf.ch um 18:13:

> here is what I can not do:
> 5) From outside my local network (from Internet), if I'm connected to my
> account, I can not send Emails to someone outside my local network (e.g:
> someone at yahoo.com)
>
> Do anyone have an idea on how I can send an Email from the Internet when
> I'm connected to my account to someone outside my local network.

> Alain-Serge

That hasn't to do with Cyrus-IMAPd. Please see the Postfix documentation
for how to configure SMTP AUTH. A good paper is i.e.

http://postfix.state-of-mind.de/patrick.koetter/smtpauth/

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC2smp
Serendipity 18:29:28 up 5 days, 15:09, load average: 0.25, 0.22, 0.31