cyrus-imapd appears dead

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sat Sep 4 18:59:42 EDT 2004

[ snipped all previous content, because posting style with new content
below a signature divider prevents me from quoting new content ]

I give up. If even the messages syslog file is missing now serious
things are broken now. As you seem to be not very experienced and
reading documentation did not lead you straight on the correct path - I
took me no 30 minutes to setup Sendmail and Cyrus-IMAPd on FC2 without
any complications -, I think you better restart with a fresh install and
choose the default dovecot. It works right out of the box. This is no
comment against Cyrus-IMAPd - I love this IMAP server for it's features
and power.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 00:53:06 up 5 days, 22:09, load average: 2.26, 1.29, 1.20