Funding Cyrus High Availability

Paul Dekkers Paul.Dekkers at surfnet.nl
Fri Sep 17 02:25:26 EDT 2004

Hi,

Eric S. Pulley wrote:

>> Question:   Are people looking at this as both redundancy and
>> performance, or just redundance?
>
> Cyrus performs pretty well already. Background redundancy would be
> awesome. Especially if we had control over when the syncing process
> occurred either via time interval or date/time.

I would say not at an interval but as soon as there is an action
performed on one mailbox, the other one would be pushed to do something.
I believe that is called rolling replication.

I would not be really happy with a interval synchronisation. It would
make it harder to use both platforms at the same time, and that is what
I want as well. So there is a little-bit of load-balancing involved, but
more and more _availability_.

Being able to use both platforms at the same time maybe implies that
there is either no master/slave role or that this is auto-elected
between the two and that this role is floating...

Paul