Cyrus crashed on redundant platform - need better availability?

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Mon Sep 13 03:58:47 EDT 2004

Paul Dekkers wrote:

> I'm not sure why the box crashed; there was nothing in the logs, there
> was nothing on the screen when we came there, it just booted up again.
> Of course I'm interested if anyone has any thoughts on this.

Maybe it has nothing to do with your problem, but there is a timing
issue with some intel xeon and p4 processors. Look at this HP advisory:

http://tinyurl.com/63dxe

even if it says that no field issues have been identified, I've
experienced real random lock ups before updating the bios.
Look if is there a bios update available from dell.

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004      Fax +34 93 5883007