Usernames without alpha characters

Tore Anderson tore at linpro.no
Tue Sep 14 06:22:20 EDT 2004

* Tore Anderson

 >   Hi.  I've run into problems with usernames like "123" or "1_1".
 >  What seems to be the common thing is that that none of them
 > contains alphabetic characters.  Cyradm creates them just fine
 > (although they for some reason is created under the "q" directory
 > when using a hashed spool), and lmtpd delivers to them just fine.

* Rob MacGregor

 > AFAIK a trawl of the archives of this list should give you more
 > info. I have a vague memory of a patch, but as you don't say what
 > version of Cyrus you're using I can't be any more help...

  Well, I did search the archives before posting, and did so again
 right now without much luck.  The closest I get is a patch from 1998
 which deals with a similar problem (usernames -starting- with digits).
 Do you remember the subject of the thread you're referring to?

  The version I'm using is 2.2.6.

--
Tore Anderson