Problems with cyradm - Solaris 9

Nigel Cass N.Cass at Hull.ac.uk
Mon Sep 20 06:12:41 EDT 2004

Hello All.

I've installed the latest version of cyrus and cyrus SASL and everything
seems to be working Ok with regard to the server.

Imtest allows me to use the plain login mechanism, which is then
authenticated against an LDAP directory using saslauthd. I've not yet
configured cyrus to use SSL, but that will be done once I'm confident
everything is working.

The problem I'm having is that when I attempt to run cyradm I *always* get
an error of the form below.

roche# cyradm localhost
imclient_connect: unknown host "localhost" at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/sun4-solaris/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm line
71.

Having done quite a lot of googleing and trawling through archives I've seen
a few people suggest that this is a bug that is limited to Solaris 9, and
one patched solution that recommends reverting to parts of a much older
cyrus codebase.

Just wondering if anybody can clarify what the issue is and what the
solution might be as to be honest I'm still inclined to think I'm doing
something stupid :)

TYIA

Nigel Cass
Systems Engineer