How to prevent (?) sieve from running ...

John Wade jwade at oakton.edu
Thu Sep 30 01:41:08 EDT 2004

Reduce the logging level for cyrus from debug to something less verbose
in your syslog config.   At debug level on a heavily used mail server it
is amazing how many CPU cycles syslog will take.    If you really wanted
to see all the other debug messages you could also comment out the line
in sieve/script.c  that reads:

       syslog(LOG_DEBUG, "IOERROR: fstating sieve script %s: %m", fname);

and then recompile. (In 2.2.3 it is on line 426)  However, I think most
people would just recommend a lower logging level unless you are
actually debugging a problem.

Hope this helps,
John