How to remove duplicate Mails from Imap

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Wed Sep 29 11:33:19 EDT 2004

Denny Schierz wrote:

> hi,
>
> we use a cyrus installation and it seems, that there are no imap client,
> which can remove duplicate mails. Is there a nice way for a user? (via
> web or windows client)

Are they truely duplicates?  Compare the Message-IDs of the two
messages.  If they *are* identical, then either duplicate delivery
suppression is disabled, duplicate delivery supression is broken for
some reason (corrupt deliver.db?), or the messages we're not inserted
into the mailbox via LMTP.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127