Sieve

Warrick FitzGerald lists.cyrus.wfitzgerald at crtman.com
Wed Oct 13 11:25:49 EDT 2004

Shelley Waltz wrote:

> It is specified in your /etc/imapd.conf file ... usually
> sievedir: /var/lib/imap/sieve
>
> Shelley
>
> Warrick Fitzgerald wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Can someone please tell me where the Sieve scripts are kept? I'm
>> using squirrelmail to create the rules at the moment, and it's
>> working, however I can't find where the scripts are written to disk.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Warrick
>> ---
>> Cyrus Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus
>> Cyrus Wiki/FAQ: http://cyruswiki.andrew.cmu.edu

Thanks Shelly,

I'm really confused now, because Sieve is working and is moving messages
into the corect folder however there are not scripts in /var/lib/imap/sieve

This may explain why it seems to stop working sometimes, as it obviously
looses the setup when I reboot.

Does anyone know why my scripts would not be saved?

[root at mail2 sieve]# cat /etc/imapd.conf
configdirectory: /var/lib/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
admins: wfitzgerald
allowanonymouslogin: no
sieveusehomedir: no
sievedir: /var/lib/imap/sieve
sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
hashimapspool: true
tls_cert_file: /etc/ssl/cyrus-imapd/cyrus-imapd.pem
tls_key_file: /etc/ssl/cyrus-imapd/cyrus-imapd.pem
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
defaultdomain: test.livetechnology.com
virtdomains: yes

Thanks