Is it possible to clean the trash folder automatic?

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Wed Oct 13 11:59:12 EDT 2004

Hi,

--On Montag, 11. Oktober 2004 11:32 Uhr -0700 Ben Poliakoff <benp at reed.edu>
wrote:

> * Adi Linden <adil at adis.on.ca> [041010 08:46]:
>> This almost answers the same question I had.
>>
>> On Sun, 10 Oct 2004, Bob Tito wrote:
>> >   purgetrash    cmd="ipurge -d 7 -f user/%/Trash" at=0200
>>
>> Does this also remove old message from anything below user/%/Trash, like
>> user/%/Trash/SPAM and user/%/Trash/Virus?
>
> The above "purgetrash" event is not recursive.  It should only operate
> on user/*/Trash (INBOX/Trash, from the user's point of view).
> Mailboxes fitting the pattern, "user/%/Trash/SPAM" would be untouched.

unfortunately that's not true. "ipurge" apparently always works
recursively. I just tried it on a backup of our server (this is under
2.2.8):

[cyrus at lvr13 imap]$ ipurge -d 7 -f user/%/Trash
Working on user/a0000000/Trash...
total messages                   0
total bytes                      0
Deleted messages                 0
Deleted bytes                    0
Remaining messages               0
Remaining bytes                  0
Working on user/therbst/Trash...
total messages                   0
total bytes                      0
Deleted messages                 0
Deleted bytes                    0
Remaining messages               0
Remaining bytes                  0
Working on user/therbst/Trash/hERBSTmEISTER...
total messages                   0
total bytes                      0
Deleted messages                 0
Deleted bytes                    0
Remaining messages               0
Remaining bytes                  0

I'd be very happy if somebody offered a patch for ipurge to add
non-recursiveness as a feature. I took a look at it once, but it was over
my head.

Cheers, Sebastian Hagedorn
--
Sebastian Hagedorn M.A. - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK