encoded packet size too big

Kevin cyrus at gnosys.biz
Sat Oct 30 09:28:13 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-07 at 12:46 +0200, Jukka Salmi wrote:
> Rob Siemborski --> cyrus-sasl (2004-07-06 17:57:23 -0400):
> > After talking with Sam Hartman, it became apparent that MIT gets the
> > implementation of gss_wrap_size_limit right and Heimdal gets it
> > oh...so...wrong.
> >
> > I've committed a patch that should make this work in both cases, however.
>
> I'm using Heimdal and the patch seems to work fine, at least it solved my
> original problem. Thanks a lot!

Hi List-

I just found this thread in the archive because I'm seeing the same
problem ("encoded packet size too big").

I'm using MIT Kerberos 5 version 1.3.1 (I know that's a bit out of date,
but it's a non-production environment), Cyrus SASL 2.1.19 and Cyrus
IMAPd 2.2.7.  My gssapi.c file in the sasl package is version 1.90.
>From the file head:

      1 /* GSSAPI SASL plugin
      2  * Leif Johansson
      3  * Rob Siemborski (SASL v2 Conversion)
      4  * $Id: gssapi.c,v 1.90 2004/07/06 21:55:47 rjs3 Exp $

I'm guessing that the patch mentioned at the top of this thread is
already in this file (I don't see anything in my file remotely
resembling what I see in bugzilla line 1419), as well as the one that
apparently caused the broken behavior again, but Jukka Salmi reports his
problem is solved (he's using Heimdal), but I still see this problem.

Any advice?  Should I upgrade MIT Kerberos or will that even have any
effect on this?

TIA.

--
Kevin